Dogs, like children, need to be restrained when riding in the car. Without it, any sudden stop can flip them off the seat and an accident get send them flying – posing risk to both your dog and other passengers.
A dog seat belt is the right answer if you don’t want to, or cannot, crate your dog in the car. These harnesses do a better job of restraining your dog than a normal dog walking harness (and never restrain a dog in the car by any sort of collar). A dog car restraints offer wider straps and padding to help minimize the risk of injury during accident.
Pip wears a dog seat belt when she rides with me. Here are some of the most popular choices:
- One of the few crash tested products.
- Product comes with hassle-free Kurgo Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Five adjustment points for a perfect fit on all shapes and sizes; broad, padded chest plate for extra protection and comfort.
- Includes a carabiner and 10-inch dog seat belt loop compatible with any vehicle seat belt system.
- Red or Black.
- Buy on Amazon
- Bergan’s harnesses meet V9DT B2009.1. Pet Safety Durability Test.
- The minimum durability thresholds are designed to ensure confidence that a harness will withstand forces generated from sudden stops while minimizing distractions from traveling pets
- The complete harness system comes equipped with adjustable safety tether and two high-grade aluminum carabineers
- The harness is durable but lightweight and comfortable
Buy on Amazon
- Made from safety standard seat-belt materal
- Designed to ensure that in the unfortunate event of an accident, maximum strenght is retained
- Soft neoprene padding covers all points of contact to ensure maximum protection and comfort, particular focus on the central chest protector
- Can be left on while exercising
- Extremely safe and secure
Buy on Amazon
All dog seat belts on Amazon.